Sunday, December 23, 2007

South Loop Ocean View

Well, I thought it looked like an ocean when I first came to Chicago over 30 years ago. I had lived on the East coast most of my adolecsent life and really enjoyed our family jaunts to Seabright,N.J.-the seagulls,salt air and the murmer the waves echoed as they rolled onto the sandy beach. I was sure I was really going to miss the ocean as I relocated to the Midwest; Chicago to be exact. Driving the Rambler over 1600 miles form New Jersey to Chicago was stretching that poor car's intestinal limits.



LOST! I thought! I had taken Lake Shore Drive in from Indiana and lo and behold what lay before me but what had to be a grand ocean. What was this ocean doing in the midwest?



WRONG! It was Lake Michigan! It had sandy beaches and a horizon just like an ocean. When a storm brews, those are waves crashing against the shoreline. Seagulls;lots and lots of them(too many if you ask me).



Thirty+ years later it still looks like an ocean . Makes a great view,doesn't it?

No comments: